Being accused of any criminal charge is shocking and stressful. Being accused of a sex offense can be devastating. But whatever lead you to this point, the one common factor is that you absolutely need criminal defense legal help.
Sex offenses are a serious matter that can put you in prison for several years. They can change the way you look at life and change the way others look at you. You have likely already experienced the stigma of your offense in the eyes of the police and the people around you.
Even if you are completely innocent of the charges, it can feel like you are already being judged.
I know what you are going through and understand you need someone on your side to look at the facts of the case and defend you in court. Our attorneys have successfully defended criminal and sex crime cases in the state of Ohio. We can absolutely help you figure our your options and best defense strategies.
Some of the Ohio sex-related criminal charges we defend include:
- Gross Sexual Imposition (GSI)
- Indecent Exposure
- Internet Sex Crimes / “Sexting”
- Sexual Assault / Rape
- Sexual battery
- Sexual Imposition
- Public Indecency
- Child Pornography / Illegal use of a minor in nudity-oriented material or performance
- Disseminating harmful materials to juveniles
Internet-related sex crimes that can be categorized as “sexting”, or texting or transmitting explicit materials via phone or computer. These charges can even apply when both participants are underage. Charges may include:
- Pandering sexually oriented material involving a minor
- Illegal use of a minor in nudity-oriented material
Many of these offenses carry lengthy prison sentences and they are all considered felonies. You need an experienced defense attorney working on your behalf to ensure you get the best possible results to defend against severe and life changing consequences.
Ohio Sex Offense Facts
- If your charges involve a child, not knowing their age is not a defense. As an adult, it is your responsibility to be sure of someone’s age before you engage in sexual acts or view pornography involving the person.
- The age of consent in Ohio is 16 for sexual activity. But it is against state law for teachers or others in a position of authority to have sex with a student, at any age.
- If the charges involve a spouse or partner, your relationship is not a defense to the crime. In Ohio you can be convicted of rape even when the alleged victim is your wife.
Many sex offenses occur between two people who know each other. Whether you made a mistake you are now sorry for or if you are being falsely implicated, we can help.
Get a Free Consultation on Criminal Sex Offense Charges in Ohio
Our defense lawyers will work to ensure you get the best possible results in court. Now is not a time to act independently. Call me as soon as possible so we can get started working on your case.
Mistakes happen. Whether it was your mistake, or someone else’s, as your attorneys, we are not here to judge you, but to aggressively defend your rights in court. Call today to discuss the details of your case. Together we can formulate a plan to move forward with confidence, and to work to get your life back.